Do Skechers Run Big or Small? When it comes to shoe shopping this can be a bit of a headache.
Don’t worry though; I’m here to help you determine the right size for your new Skechers so you can avoid the hassle of having to do a return because you bought the wrong size.
To answer the question: Skechers generally tend to run true to size, but some styles might fit differently depending on the one you’re interested in.
Let’s dive into the nuances, so you know what to expect when you’re picking out your next pair.
Skechers Sizing: The Basics
When it comes to finding the perfect pair of Skechers, understanding their sizing can be helpful.
Some styles, like the Go Walks and the Slip Ons, tend to run big compared to other brands.
In such cases, going half a size down from your actual shoe size might be a good idea.
However, not all Skechers shoes run big.
Some might even run too small, requiring you to go up a full size.
This is why it’s important to know your feet’s exact measurements and consider not just the length but also the width (more on that later).
Skechers offers varying widths––from medium width (D/E for men and B/C for women) to wider options like 2E/3E for men and D for women, and even 4E/5E for men.
This variety ensures a comfortable fit for different foot shapes.
make sure to check online reviews and the brand’s size chart before placing your order.
Doing so will give you an outlook from a wider pool of people who owns the style you are looking for.
Skechers Mens Shoe Sizes Chart
Factors Influencing Skechers Sizing
Different Collection Variances
When looking into Skechers sizing, it’s important to remember that different collections may have slight size variances.
Some styles might be true to size, while others may run big. When in doubt, check the reviews and and see what others are saying. Sketchers is a popular brand and this will help you gain more feedback in order to make a more accurate decision.
If you are ordering online, I recommend Amazon – why? “Try before you buy!” It saves you from spending your money unless you decide to keep the shoes.
Materials and Design
The materials and design of Skechers shoes can also play a role in their sizing.
Some materials used in making the shoes might have more stretch or give, making them feel bigger even when they are the correct size.
That is why it is worth considering the materials and design when choosing the right Skechers size for you.
How to Measure Your Feet for Skechers
Here are some easy steps to follow so you can find the perfect fit:
- Find a flat surface: Look for a flat surface like a tile or hardwood floor to stand on. Avoid carpet or soft surfaces, as they may not give accurate measurements.
- Grab some socks: Remember to wear the type of socks you’ll usually wear with your Skechers, this will help to get your shoe size right.
- Use a measuring tape or ruler: Make sure you have a measuring tape or a ruler handy. Both will help you get the correct measurements.
- Place your foot on a piece of paper: To start measuring, place a piece of paper on the floor and step on it. This way, you can trace the outline of your foot easily.
- Trace your foot: Trace the outline of your foot with a pencil or pen. Keep the pencil or pen straight up and down – you don’t want to hold it at an angle.
- Measure the length and width of your foot: Use your measuring tape or ruler to measure the length and width of your foot in inches or centimeters. For the length, measure from the tip of your longest toe to the end of your heel. For the width, measure the widest part of your foot.
Now that you have your measurements, you can check out the Skechers size chart to find the best fit for your feet.
Make sure to note whether the particular Skechers style you’re interested in runs big or small, as you may need to adjust your size accordingly.
Tips for Finding the Perfect Skechers Fit
Trying on Shoes
When trying on Skechers shoes, always wear the type of socks you plan to wear with them.
It’s best to go shoe shopping in the afternoon, as your feet tend to swell during the day.
Walk around in the shoes to ensure a comfortable fit with just enough space to wiggle your toes.
Insoles and Socks
Insoles and socks play a role in finding the perfect fit.
If you’re planning to use an insole for extra cushioning or arch support, make sure to try the shoes on with the insole inside.
Socks also make a difference in how the shoe fits.
Wearing thick or thin socks can change the overall feel of the shoe.
Experiment with different combinations of insoles and socks to find the best fit for your feet.
Different styles of Skechers may fit differently, so it’s important to try on multiple styles before making a decision.
It helps to read reviews about the specific style of Skechers you’re interested in, as other users might have valuable input on the fit.
Feedback from one person is great, but not as great as feedback from multiple people. You are more likely to find someone similar to you or that lives a similar lifestyle as you.